If you like your jerky with that smokey bbq taste then give the following jerky recipe a go, it’s pretty short and simple so should be a breeze for most jerky amateurs
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup worcestshire sauce
- 1 1/2 tspns garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tspns onion powder
- 1 1/2 tspn paprika
- Place your meat (topside works best or any other lean meat) into the freezer for 20mins
- Once semi hard, remove it and slice into strips 6mm thick
- Trim off any fat as this will cause spoilage
- Mix all your ingredients together to form a marinade
- Combine your meat and marinade together and mix thoroughly.
- Stack the slices of meat on top of each and then place in a ziplock back. Squeeze all the air out and then place into a fridge for 24 hours
- Once ready, remove from bag and place in dehydrator for around 6 hours.
- Then eat!