Are you looking for the ultimate beef jerky recipe? The following will result in a great all round original jerky recipe that is sure to please everyone
- 5 pounds of beef (or any meat type)
- 5 ounces of liquid smoke
- 15 ounces of Worcestershire sauce
- 15 – 20 ounces of teriyaki sauce
- 15 – 20 ounces of soy sauce
- 2 – 4 Tb. of garlic powder
- 2 – 4 Tb. of dark brown sugar
- 2 – 4 Tb. of onion powder
- 2 – 4 ounces of molasses OR dark corn syrup
- 2 – 4 tsp. of cayenne pepper
Directions (oven method)
- Cut meat into small strips (about 6mm thick) and mix ingredients for marinade.
- Cover meat with marinade and put meat in the refrigerate and let marinate for 24 hours – best if it is stacked and placed in a airtight zip lock bag.
- Cover the oven rack with aluminium foil and place the meat across racks ensuring some space between each piece.
- Set oven 160 – 180 degrees. After the meat has stopped dripping, turn each piece over.
- Cook for about 4-6 hours depend on what you like and remember to leave the oven door slightly open for ventilation. Enjoy!